Commercial skincare dispensers come in various sizes, materials, colors, and finishes. Some have manual pumps, while others are no-touch and automatically dispense soap into the user’s hand.
There are wall-mounted, counter-mounted, and freestanding units. Finding the right one for your facility might seem like a daunting task when there are so many different types and brands with varying features.
However, the right hand hygiene dispensing system can elevate the look of your facility and enhance your guest experience.
To help you choose the right system for your facility, we compare the 7 top-rated hand care dispensing systems of 2022 in no specific order below.
Best Skincare Dispensing Systems of 2022:
- PURELL® ES8 Dispensing System
- Spartan foamyiQ™
- Rubbermaid® AutoFoam Dispenser
- Enmotion® Automated Touchless Soap & Sanitizer Dispenser
- Tork® Elevation Automatic Dispenser
- TouchFREE Ultra Dispenser by SC Johnson Professional
- Proline Curve 1000 Dispenser by SC Johnson Professional
1.PURELL® ES8 Dispensing System
The PURELL® ES8 Dispensing System can be paired with either soap or sanitizer and is a highly efficient, touch-free skincare dispensing system by GOJO Industries.
The PURELL® ES8 Dispensing System made this list because of its unique battery-powered system. The battery is located directly on the refill, essentially eliminating out-of-service dispensers due to dead batteries. Every time the refill is replaced so is the battery. This unit is also highly customizable.
- AT-A-GLANCE™ Refill Design – Monitor product levels with just one look. Easy monitoring reduces the length of time employees will spend monitoring the level of soap or sanitizer in a dispenser, reducing complaints about empty dispensers, and increasing customer satisfaction.
- Breakthrough Energy-on-the-Refill Technology – Each new refill comes with its own energy source – a coin cell battery that’s integrated into the refill. When you replace the empty refill, you get fresh product and fresh energy in one simple step. Back-up power inside the dispenser provides added assurance of high performance — even with extreme high-frequency use.
- Easy Recycling and Disposal – PET bottle and refill components are easy to separate so that you can appropriately recycle the refill bottle and dispose of the lithium coin cell battery.
- Hand Hygiene Intelligence – Optional GOJO SMARTLINK™ plug-in modules let you add intelligent functionality to your dispenser. Track hand hygiene compliance, get alerts when dispensers need service or add other upgrades as technology evolves.
The Purell ES8 Soap or Sanitizer Dispenser offers touch-free dispensing.
By reducing the need to touch the dispenser you can provide your guests with a more sanitary solution. Reducing the amount of high contact surfaces your guests come in contact with will help lower the risk of illness. Healthy guests are more satisfied and likely to return.
This touch-free dispenser can be mounted to walls in any area, including exam rooms, restrooms, office areas, cafeteria or dining areas, and more.
The dispensing system can be secured to the wall in a variety of ways. The system mounts to the wall with adhesive tape which is included with purchase.
For a more secure mount, optional mounting screws are available. The unit even has multiple hole patterns to allow the use of existing wall holes.
Hand sanitizing units can also be paired with a floor stand to provide easy access to sanitizer anywhere in your building.
This dispenser has a footprint size of 10 x 6.5 x 5.38
ES8 Dispenser refills hold 1200 mL, minimizing the frequency of change outs. The ES8 averages about 1091 dispenses per refill.
Refill units are plastic bottles that are constructed from lightweight polyethylene terephthalate (PET), number 1 plastic which is easily recyclable.
The PURELL® ES8 system prioritizes sustainability.
With its unique coin cell battery system, it represents a 68% reduction in battery waste and a 15% reduction in greenhouse gas emissions when compared to leading touch-free systems on the market.
When shipped, it is packaged in less cardboard for reduced material waste.
Finally, refills are designed for easy recycling. The soap pump can be removed and the refill cartridge can be recycled with any other plastic recycling. As mentioned before, the refills are made from PET, which is the most widely accepted recyclable plastic.
GOJO’s PURELL® ES8 features LOCK OR NOT™ technology for enhanced safety. Sometimes dispensers can be stolen or pilfered. To prevent this, this unit can be converted to a locking system which requires a key to open the unit.
GOJO has an end-user personalization program that allows businesses to customize soap and hand sanitizer dispensers in three easy ways.
- End User Dispenser Design Center – Add your logo to the dispenser.
- Stand Design Center – Create personalized PURELL® stands
- MESSENGER™ Station Gallery – Select a message to promote hand hygiene
2. Spartan foamyiQ™
Unlike any other skincare dispenser on this list, the foamyiQ™ is a hand hygiene solution that does not require a separate dispenser.
Dispensing is done directly through the cartridge, ultimately eliminating the “dispenser”. The foamyiQ is a cartridge that attaches to the wall, and when emptied the entire soap or sanitizer cartridge is replaced, eliminating the need for a traditional, separate dispensing system. With no dispenser parts to replace, you don’t have to worry about maintenance downtime or costly repairs.
- Never Install Another Dispenser – Dispensing is done directly through the cartridge.
- Never Repair Another Dispenser – With no parts to replace, you don’t have to worry about maintenance downtime or costly repairs.
- Never Run Out of Soap or Sanitizer – Translucent cartridges make soap levels easy to see, allowing you to avoid empty dispensers and customer complaints.
- Sustainable – Cartridges have 99% soap evacuation and are recyclable.
This is a manual hand hygiene dispensing unit. It requires the user to physically push on the pump to release soap or sanitizer.
Manual pumps eliminate the cost of batteries and alleviate the pressure on staff from having to make sure that the dispenser never runs out of battery life.
foamyiQ™ is attached to walls, poles, or other surfaces. It can be used in both indoor or outdoor situations.
foamyIQ™ has an extremely narrow footprint compared to the other skincare dispensing systems on this list. The slim design allows the unit to fit where many traditional dispensers can’t.
foamyiQ™ has a 1250 ml soap or sanitizer capacity.
Cartridges are made from 25% post-consumer recycled material. The cartridges are translucent, clearly displaying the soap or sanitizer level allowing your cleaning team to easily see when the cartridge is getting low and will need to be replaced.
foamyiQ™ is also a sustainable soap or sanitizer dispensing option. Like mentioned above, it is made from 25% post-consumer recycled material.
Additionally, the foamyiQ™ features 99% cartridge evacuation, reducing the amount of soap that goes unused. Because of its impressive evacuation, cartridges can be recycled curbside after being used.
Given that this unit is wall-mounted and can be placed anywhere, there is a secure anti-theft system to prevent stolen dispensers. The system is smartly designed with a secure, integrated locking mechanism and key.
3. Rubbermaid® AutoFoam Dispenser
The AutoFoam Dispenser is a battery-powered, wall-mounted system that dispenses controlled amounts of foam soap and sanitizer automatically.
This made the list of the best skincare dispensing systems of 2022 because of its high capacity of 2,750 dispenses per refill and its wide range of timeless designs and multiple color offerings to blend into your facility to enhance its image.
- Touch-free Delivery – Dispenses soap or sanitizer automatically to help prevent cross-contamination on hands
- 3 Year Battery Life or 120,000 Dispenses – Reduce maintenance and allow your staff to do more when they don’t have to worry about out-of-service dispensers.
- Eliminate Soap or Sanitizer Waste – Reliable, controlled dispensing of concentrated formulations eliminates costly overuse and waste.
- Enhanced Facility Image – Available in a variety of color combinations to enhance the image of any washroom décor.
The AutoFoam Dispenser is a battery-powered system that dispenses controlled amounts of foam soap and sanitizer automatically. Public restrooms, cafeteria, and other high-traffic areas collect germs and bacteria. Automated solutions help to reduce the spread of germs and protect your facility’s image.
The AutoFoam is offered in a variety of contemporary designs to complement your washroom. Units are wall-mounted to optimize counter space.
They can also be paired with stands for use with hand sanitizer refills. These units can then be strategically placed throughout your facility.
The refills for this unit are 1100mL. This system yields about 2,750 dispensers per refill.
This dispenser has a footprint size of 5.25 x 5.18 x 10.86.
For help understanding how much hand sanitizer you can expect to use annually and whether or not you’ll need a high-capacity dispenser, check out this calculator:
Refills are made from plastic and are Green Seal certified to have reduced environmental impacts in one or more stages of the product life cycle.
Refills are boxless, reducing packaging waste by 80% when compared to a bulk gallon. This unit can help earn you LEED credits.
This commercial grade dispenser is built to stand up to high traffic and constant use to keep your operations running smoothly.
There is a lifetime warranty on this dispenser.
4. Enmotion® Automated Touchless Soap & Sanitizer Dispenser
enMotion automated touchless soap and sanitizer dispensing systems are uniquely designed to reduce maintenance time, deliver continuous service with high-capacity refills, and offer a hygienic solution in hand washing and hand sanitizing areas.
This high capacity soap and sanitizer dispenser made our list of top-rated skin care dispensing systems because it is one of the quietest on the market.
- Touchless Soap or Sanitizer Dispenser – Automated dispenser with sealed refill bottles, each with a fresh nozzle, helping reduce the risk of cross-contamination.
- Whisper Quiet Operation – Virtually soundless for a premium experience.
- Easy To Maintain – Easy-to-fill, long-lasting refills for uninterrupted service; maintenance mode for easy, mess-free cleaning.
- 4.5-year Battery Life – Helps reduce maintenance time.
This is an automated touchless dispenser paired with sealed hygienic refills to help reduce the risk of cross contamination.
These wall-mounted soap dispensers are designed for easy maintenance and uninterrupted service. High-capacity refill bottles can be easily loaded with one hand and a maintenance pause button to stop drips while replacing soap or sanitizer.
enMotion Soap dispensers use 1200 mL refills that deliver up to 3000 dispenses per bottle.
This dispenser has a footprint size of 11.720 x 6.54 x 4.
Soap and sanitizer refills are packaged in 100% recyclable bottles that contain 25% post-consumer content.
The commercial soap dispenser refills dispense at least 99% of foam product before a replacement is needed and are sealed to reduce risk of cross-contamination.
As mentioned earlier, refills are 100% recyclable. enMotion® can also help earn LEED® credits.
This unit comes with a 10-year warranty, but there are no specific features to inhibit dispenser theft or vandalism.
5. Tork® Elevation Automatic Dispenser
The Tork® Elevation Automatic Dispenser is a high capacity unit designed to impress your guests and enhance the overall look of your facility. In fact, this unit made it on the list given its extremely sleek design for such a high capacity unit.
- Easy to Refill – Refill bottles are sealed to prevent dripping, making dispenser refills quick and easy. Replacements can be done in just 3 seconds.
- Sustainable – Fully collapsible bottle ensures refills are completely used, reducing waste.
- Less Run-Outs – LED indicators signal when a refill or new batteries are needed, limiting out-of-service dispensers and corresponding complaints.
- High Capacity – Longer-lasting soap and sanitizer refill cartridge gives 2500 handwashes.
Tork® Elevation Automatic Dispensers are touch-free and do not require the user to interact with the dispenser. Like other hands-free units, this increases hygiene and reduces illness in your facility.
This unit can be mounted to the wall for optimized counter space and easy access.
Similar to the other wall-mounted dispensing systems on this list, this unit can be attached to a stand when used for hand sanitizing so you can put it anywhere in your facility.
This dispensing system is paired with 1000 mL refills. Refills offer 1000 dispenses per refill.
This is a battery operated has an approximate life of 90,000 dispenses or 2 years life span. It requires 4 standard c-size alkaline batteries.
This dispenser has a footprint size of 5.1 x 4.5 x 10.9.
Tork soap and sanitizers come in sealed recyclable bottles and have a fresh nozzle with every refill for a more hygienic hand wash or sanitizing process.
Refills meet LEED requirements to help you earn credits.
As noted above, the refill bottle is made from recyclable plastic. It is also fully collapsible to reduce waste 70%, providing environmental benefits.
6. TouchFREE Ultra Dispenser by SC Johnson Professional
Developed by SC Johnson Professional, the TouchFREE Ultra Dispenser is a versatile hand hygiene dispensing unit.
This dispensing system made the best commercial skincare dispensing systems of 2022 because it provides the longest battery life of all the units on this list. It also has a uniquely sealed cartridge and pump mechanism to ensure hygienic, safe product on every dispense.
- Exceptionally Long Battery Life – The power provided by 4 D-Cell batteries will provide up to 5 years of operation in typical usage conditions.
- Reliable – Uses the latest infra-red sensing technology for reliable operation to prevent misfiring; tolerant to skin color, temperature, ambient light and humidity.
- Versatile – Can be used on walls in washrooms, corridors and hallways, or on SC Johnson Professional’s freestanding stand.
- Simple Cartridge Replacement – Cartridges can be replaced in seconds, reducing maintenance time and costs.
Like the other automated systems on this list, there is no touch required so you can keep your guests and occupants safe from germs and cross-contamination.
This unit is adhered to the wall to maximize counter space.
The TouchFREE Ultra dispenser extends less than 4 inches from the wall. The footprint of this dispenser is 4 x 6.7 x 10.9.
Refill cartridges contain 1200 mL of soap or sanitizer providing approximately 1700 dispenses.
Hygienic, airless cartridges are made from plastic which is ultrasonically sealed and pump mechanisms prevent the intake of air to eliminate product contamination.
Paired with air-tight cartridges that are designed to collapse, product waste is minimized. And, this unit delivers a fixed product dose every time, controlling usage and also helping to reduce waste.
This unit has unique locking mechanisms designed to prevent unauthorized access, pilferage, and product contamination.
Dispensing systems are robust and guaranteed against normal wear and tear, subject to correct installation, usage, and dispenser care.
7. Proline Curve 1000 Dispenser by SC Johnson Professional
The Proline Curve 1000 Dispenser is also recognized as one of the top-rated dispensing systems of 2022.
This is the only unit on our list to feature BioCote® protection. Dispenser push buttons are protected by BioCote® , a silver-based antimicrobial agent that is incorporated during the manufacturing process and inhibits the growth of a broad spectrum of bacteria and molds; BioCote® does not rub-off and is effective for the lifetime of the dispenser.
- Large Push Buttons – Minimize the operational force required to allow easy use by hand or elbow.
- Transparent Sides – Allow your maintenance team to clearly see soap or sanitizer levels without having to open the cover, cutting down on maintenance time and costs.
- Simple Cartridge Replacement – Cartridges to be replaced in seconds, reducing maintenance time and costs.
The Proline Curve 1000 Dispenser is manual, meaning the user will have to press the pump to release soap or sanitizer. As we talked about earlier, in order to reduce the risk of cross-contamination from the dispensing pump, it is coated with BioCote®.
This dispenser is mounted to walls or other surfaces to maximize countertop space and help your users enjoy easy access.
The Proline Curve 1000 Dispenser has a footprint of 4.6 x 5.2 x 9.2.
Refill cartridges are 1000 mL and designed to deliver an equal amount of product every time.
Derived from plastic number 2, High Density Polyethylene (HDPE), refill cartridges can be recycled at most local facilities.
The air-tight cartridges are designed to collapse during use ensuring full evacuation of product with no waste.
Designed with safety in mind, there is a locking mechanism on these dispensing units designed to prevent unauthorized access, pilferage and product contamination.
Dispensers are manufactured from durable plastic components and rigorously tested for high usage environments, providing assurance of quality and longevity. As a result, there is a lifetime guarantee on malfunctioning or broken dispensers through normal wear and tear. Dispensing systems will either be repaired or replaced at no charge.
If or when you are ready to upgrade your commercial skincare dispensing program, there are a lot of choices. Using this article can help you identify which of the top 7 might work best for your facility.
EBP and other Imperial Dade locations offer these skincare dispensing systems as well as a variety of other commercial soap and sanitizer dispensers that can help improve your facility’s hygiene and appearance.
If you are still not sure which might be the best option for your commercial skincare program, contact an EBP Specialist for an on-site evaluation of your facility to help you determine which will be the right fit. We can help you whether you’re located in the United States, Puerto Rico, or the Caribbean.
Check Out These Related Articles:
- Commercial Soap Dispensers: How to Select the Right System For Your Business
- How to Select the Best Hand Sanitizer For Your Building: Safety and Guidelines [VIDEO]
- Hand Dryers vs Paper Towels: 6 Reasons Paper Towels are the Best Choice
- Smart Restroom Management Systems: The Benefits of IoT + Top-Rated Systems
- Dirty Restrooms in Restaurants: How They Impact Your Business
- The Ultimate Guide to Cleaning Your Commercial Restroom in 14 Steps
- How to Successfully Eliminate Restroom Odors in 3 Easy Steps