Imperial Dade Privacy Notice
Imperial Bag & Paper Co. LLC and Dade Paper & Bag LLC (collectively with all affiliates, “Imperial Dade,” “our,” “us,” or “we”), are committed to privacy and transparency in our information practices. This Privacy Notice (“Notice”) will help you understand how Imperial Dade collects, uses, discloses, and protects the data you provide to us when you visit and use our websites (including https://www.imperialdade.com/), any mobile applications, and related online or offline services that we provide (collectively, the “Services”). This Notice also describes your choices about the collection and use of your information.
1. Scope of this Notice
This privacy notice describes, generally, how Imperial Dade handles and processes personal information related to:
- the use of our Services that link to this Notice;
- our former, current and prospective customers, partners, and vendors;
- individuals who communicate with us;
- individuals who use our products and services and individuals whose personal information we receive in providing the Services; and
- Individuals who visit our buildings and property.
Our collection, use, disclosure and processing of personal information about individuals will vary depending upon the circumstances. This Notice is intended to describe our overall privacy and data protection practices, and may be supplemented by additional disclosures at the time we collect particular information.
This Notice does not apply to the personal information we process relating to our employees and non-employee workers, job applicants and candidates who apply for employment with us and whose personal information is subject to different privacy notices. Any such individuals can contact us as provided below for additional information.
In this Notice, our use of the term “personal information” includes other similar terms under applicable privacy laws—such as “personal data” and “personally identifiable information.” In general, personal information includes any information that identifies, relates to, describes, or is reasonably capable of being associated, linked, or linkable with a particular individual.
2. How We Collect Information
We may collect information about you by various means, including:
- Directly from you, both online (e.g., website, app, email) and offline (e.g. phone, industry event);
- From other third party sources and social media platforms that you may use to engage with us;
- Through your use of our Services; and
- By combining information from different sources, including online and offline data.
3. What Personal Information We Collect
When you interact with us, we may collect and process the following categories of personal information:
- Profile and subscription information, such as name, company/employer, tile/role, mailing address, e-mail address, phone number, username and password, and other information that may be provided with or for an Account.
- Transactional Information, such as business credit history, payment information and transactions for purchases made through our Services;
- Promotional/Marketing Information, including information provided to us by participation in marketing and other events;
- Survey information, in response to questions we may send in connection with the Services, including for feedback and research purposes;
- Communications between you and us, such as via email, mail, phone, or other channels;
- Offline Activity you directly engage in with us, if any; and
- Online User Activity described in the next section.
Unless we specifically request or invite it, we ask that you not send or otherwise disclose to us any sensitive information such as racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background, or trade union membership. If we request or invite you to provide such information, we will use it for the purpose provided and for no other purpose without your express consent, in accordance with applicable privacy laws. Where you provide us with such information in an unsolicited manner, we may deleted it in our discretion.
If you provide us with information regarding another individual, you represent that you have the person’s consent to give us their information and to permit us to use it in accordance with this Notice.
4. Online User Activity, Cookies, and Information Collected by Other Automated Means
Cookies are a commonly-used web technology that allow websites to store and retrieve certain information on a user’s system, and track users’ online activities. We, together with vendors we use, may collect information about your use of our Services by such automated means, including but not limited to cookies, pixels, SDKs and other similar technologies.
Cookies and similar technologies can help us automatically identify you when you return to our Services. Cookies help us review website traffic patterns, improve the Services, and determine which Services are popular. We can also use such information to deliver customized content and advertising to users of the Services whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
When you use the Services, the information we may collect by automated means includes, for example:
- Usage Details about your interaction with our Services (such as the date, time, and length of visits, and specific pages or content accessed during the visits, search terms, frequency of the visits, referring website addresses);
- Device Information including the IP address and other details of a device that you use to connect with our Services (such as device type and unique device identifier, operating system, browser type, mobile network information, and the device's telephone number); and
- Location information where you choose to provide the Services with access to information about your device’s location.
5. How We Use Information We Collect
We may process personal information for the following purposes:
- Providing our Services to you, including to maintain your Account, store your User Content, manage any purchases or transactions, provide important notices, respond to your requests, questions, and comments and provide customers support;
- Informing you about changes to this Privacy Notice and our Terms and other policies;
- Performing and managing the contract or other relationship we have with you or the company you are associated with;
- Providing training;
- Registering you for and communicating with you about events and activities;
- Managing our relationship with you;
- Communicating with you;
- Investigating and handling reports to our hotline;
- Managing rebates and other promotions;
- Improving and operating our Services;
- Analyzing and improving our business, including to better understand how individuals access and use our Services;
- Tailor the content we display to you in our Services and communications, including advertising, and offer products and services that we believe may be of interest to you;
- Analyzing advertising campaigns;
- Sending you promotional and marketing communications about our products or services or promotions;
- Complying with and enforcing as needed applicable legal requirements, industry standards, our policies, and our contractual rights, as well as for security purposes, to investigate possible fraud or safety issues, and to protect the safety and security of people and property; and
- Auditing, reporting, corporate governance, and internal operations, including relating to audits, accounting, and legal functions, and relating to any actual or contemplated merger, acquisition, asset sale or transfer, financing, bankruptcy, or restructuring of all or part of our business.
We may also share information in an anonymized or aggregate manner for many purposes such as research, analysis, modeling, marketing, and improvement of our Services.
As discussed above, Imperial Dade uses Google Analytics to track visitors to the website and to get reports about how visitors use the website. We don’t allow Google to use information obtained by analytics for other Google services, and Google anonymizes IP addresses collected on the website.
We do not use your personal information for profiling or for any other automated decision making purposes, and we do not sell your personal information.
6. Online Advertising
You may see us advertising on various websites, web pages, social media and other platforms. Please note that online advertising services do not always provide us with complete information about the platforms or websites on which our advertising may appear. If you believe that our advertising is being displayed through websites or channels that promote inappropriate or offensive content, please contact us.
7. How We Share Your Information
Imperial Dade will process some of your personal information locally. As a large organization, however, many of our business activities can also be carried out by processing or consolidating information about you in specific or centralized databases and systems located at our different facilities and companies. As a result, your information may be shared with other entities within and affiliates of Imperial Dade in accordance with applicable laws, this Privacy Notice, any applicable specific local policy, and to support our business purposes.
As a general rule, we do not share your personal information with anyone outside of Imperial Dade. However, we may share your personal information with certain third parties that perform business functions or provide services to us, including with the following categories of recipients: event registration service providers, vendor invoice tracking service providers, contract management service providers, and data processing vendors.
We also may disclose information about you if (i) we are required to do so by law or legal process, (ii) when we believe disclosure is necessary to prevent harm or financial loss, (iii) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity; or (iv) under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of our staff, users, or the public.
We reserve the right to transfer the information we maintain in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets. If we engage in such a sale or transfer, we will make reasonable efforts to direct the recipient to use your personal information in a manner that is consistent with this Privacy Notice.
Your personal information may also be shared for legal reasons (e.g., to prevent crime or fraud, or to comply with a court order or legislation) or with your consent.
We do not “sell” your personal information or “share” your personal information with third parties for cross-context behavioral advertising.
Where appropriate, we will limit sharing of your information in accordance with the choices you have provided to us and consistent with applicable law.
8. Your Privacy Choices
We offer you certain choices about what information we collect from you, how we use and disclose the information, and how we communicate with you.
- Marketing Emails: From time to time, we may contact you via email for the purpose of providing announcements, promotional offers, alerts, confirmations, surveys, and/or other general communication. You may choose not to receive marketing emails from us by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the marketing emails you receive from us. Even if you opt out of receiving such communications, we will continue sending you non-marketing email communications, such as administrative or transaction alerts, or information about changes to our Terms.
- Cookies: Web browsers may offer users the ability to disable receiving certain types of cookies; however, if cookies are disabled, some features or functionality of our Services may not function correctly.
- Device settings: Your device may enable you to disable certain permissions or functionality in our Apps (e.g., location); however, when necessary permissions or functionality are disabled, some features or functionality of our website may not function correctly. You can also disable pop-up notifications in device settings.
9. State-Specific Privacy Notices and Rights
As a company focused on business-to-business activity, we do not generally collect information about retail consumers, and are therefore not subject to certain state privacy laws pertaining to such consumers. However, if you are a resident of California, you may exercise the following privacy requests with respect to your information:
- disclosure of information about the collection, use, disclosure, and sale of your personal information;
- a list of categories of personal information collected about you in the preceding 12 months, including (a) categories of personal information collected about you, (b) categories of sources from which the personal information is collected, (c) the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information, (d) categories of third parties to whom we disclose, share, or sell personal information, and (e) specific pieces
- deletion of any personal information about you that we have collected from you;
- correction of inaccurate personal information about you.
It can be unlawful to discriminate against an individual for exercising such rights. You can submit such requests to us via the contact information provided below and we will endeavor to fulfill any obligations that are legally required, otherwise we will respond to such requests in our discretion.
When you would like to exercise your rights, please send your request to the contact details below. Please note that we may need you to provide additional information to verify your identity before processing a request. An authorized agent can make a request on a California resident’s behalf, but we will still require you to verify your identity before processing a request. Once verified, we will respond to requests as required by law and otherwise in our discretion.
When personal information is no longer needed or after legal authority to retain it has expired, we endeavor to timely and securely dispose of personal information in accordance with applicable laws and pursuant to procedures established in relation to the relevant services, systems, or processes. Retention periods for records maintained by us, including those containing personal information, are established based upon business need, statutory and regulatory record keeping requirements in the geographies where we do business, and other legal obligations.
We do not premise any a financial incentives program on the collection or use of personal information, and do not engage in automated decision-making with respect to personal information.
10. Links to Other Websites and Third Party Content
Our Services may contain links to other websites or online services, including social media. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other websites or online services, and we encourage you to be aware when you leave our Services and to read the privacy statements of any other website or online service that collects personal information.
You may see us promoted by other businesses on various websites, web pages, social media and other platforms. Please note that we do not always have complete information about where our brand may be displayed or promoted, and if you believe that we are featured in venues that are inappropriate or offensive, please contact us.
11. How We Protect Information
We endeavor to maintain reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we maintain against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. However, we cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to us, or guarantee that this information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed. We will make any legally required disclosures in the event of any compromise of personal information. To the extent the law allows us to provide such notification via e-mail or conspicuous posting on the Services, you agree to accept notice in that form.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 on our Services. If you believe that a child under 13 provided personal information to us through the Services, please notify us. If we learn that we have received personal information from a child under 13 without parental consent, we will endeavor to promptly delete that information.
13. International Data Transfers and Use
Our Services are controlled and operated by us from the United States and are not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than those of the United States or where we expressly engage in business operations. Any information you provide through use of the Services may be stored and processed, transferred between and accessed from the United States and other countries which may not guarantee the same level of protection of personal information as the one in which you reside. However, we will handle your personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice regardless of where your personal information is stored or accessed.
14. Updates to this Notice
We may revise or update this Privacy Notice at any time by posting the updated version on our Services. We may also notify you via email about material changes to our Privacy Notice. We will indicate on our Privacy Notice when it was most recently updated. Your continued use of our Services after such updates will constitute an acknowledgment of the change and agreement to abide and be bound by the updated Privacy Notice.
15. Contact Us
If you have any questions, concerns, or comments about this Notice, our privacy practices, or if you would like to update information or preferences you provided to us, please contact us by mail to: Imperial Dade, 255 Route 1 & 9, Jersey City NJ, 07306; by phone at: 833-419-4567; or via email to: email@example.com.
This Privacy Notice was last updated: January 2024